IPython Development Guide (source: old IPython wiki)#
This is copied verbatim from the old IPython wiki and is currently under development. Much of the information in this part of the development guide is out of date.
IPython does all of its development using GitHub. All of our development information is hosted on this GitHub wiki. This page indexes all of that information. Developers interested in getting involved with IPython development should start here.
- Testing IPython for users and developers
- How to Compile .less Files
- Steps for Releasing IPython
- IPython Sphinx Directive
- Configuration Options
- Python 3 Compatibility Module
- Architecture of IPython notebook’s Dashboard
- Setup IPython development environment using boot2docker
- Testing Kernels
A template for new Python files in IPython: template.py